How do I find an internship abroad?
Whether as a voluntary industrial internship, a research stay at a foreign university, during semester breaks or as a vacation semester - an internship abroad broadens your horizons of experience and strengthens your intercultural skills. When it comes to finding an internship position, students must largely act on their own, but support is available from various sides:
- The International Office at the University of Stuttgart can inform you about numerous internship opportunities abroad
- Europe-wide offers for internships abroad can be found on the platform ERASMUSINTERN.org.
- The institutes of the Department of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology can support you in finding and arranging a research placement with a cooperation partner abroad.
- RISE Worldwide offers worldwide research internships for students in the natural, life and engineering sciences.
- The "International Association for the Exchange of Students for Technical Experience" (IAESTE) arranges internships in over 85 countries worldwide.
- AIESEC is a student organization that arranges internships abroad for students.
- The "New Kibbutz" program has been sending students as interns to Israeli companies since 2015 as part of German-Israeli relations.
Funding and Scholarships
- The Erasmus+ program supports internships in Europe with scholarships. The International Office provides information on the conditions and application modalities for internship funding with Erasmus+.
- Within the framework of the DAAD mobility program PROMOS, the International Office awards scholarships for internships abroad.
- Further funding opportunities can be found via the scholarship databases of the Federal Ministry of Education and Research and the DAAD.