During winter semester 2022/23, Faculty 5 organized for the first time a career-planning event for its international students. As so many students were interested and asked for a follow-up workshop to deepen certain topics, Faculty 5 now offers the virtual workshop “German Resume Rockstar”.
In this workshop, you will learn effective strategies to understand what German companies expect of applicants and how you can present yourself professionally with a resume in English, adjusted to German Labor Market requirements.
The workshop covers:
- How to set expectations when applying in English incl. best practices;
- Modern application standards and working with templates;
- What a master resume is and how to use one;
- Section organization and prioritization, plus a walk-through of the most important content to include;
- Application strategy of applying in English, plus common mistakes international applicants make;
- A crash course in how to deal with “Lücken” (gaps in professional history);
- How to leverage initiative applications as an international student;
- Application processes behind the scenes: what are hiring mangers looking for?;
- Answers to your questions!
What you will learn:
By the end of this workshop, you will understand what is expected of a good resume in Germany and how to write one that is an accurate reflection of your experiences, abilities, and goals. You will learn how to adopt a method for drafting unique resumes, which will attract attention during the application process, and strategies for applying in English in Germany. Furthermore, you will be get helpful information on important next steps after you have completed your resume.
Workshop Coach: Jessica Schüller is an international career development educator specialized in preparing international students for working in Germany.
The workshop will take place online on Zoom. Detailed information including Zoom link will be sent after the registration few days before the workshop.
How to participate:
To allow a personalized and effective training, the workshop is limited to 30 participants.There will be a pre-selection of participants. Please see further information under Section "Anmeldung/Registration".
Important: Please consider that this workshop allows only a limited number of participants. Before registering, make sure you will be able to attend the workshop. If you have to cancel your attendance after having registered, please inform us as soon as possible to allow other interested students to fill your workshop place.
The workshop is free of charge and a special offer for international Master’s students of Faculty 5 (3rd semester and above), taking place in the context of the International Days of Faculty 5.
We are looking forward to your participation!
Your ISP Team of Faculty 5
Pfaffenwaldring 47, Campus Vaihingen
Link: Webseite ISP