The Faculty Council is the principal organizational entity of the faculty. It decides on Senate applications such as the introduction of new study programs, changes to exam regulations, appointment proposals and the composition of all other faculty committees. During the semester it convenes once a month. The dates are available online.
Chairman: Dean of the Faculty
- All professors of the faculty
- Delegates of mid-level faculty
- Delegates of technical and administrative staff
- Delegates of the students
Contact via the deans' office.
Doctoral committees are responsible for acceptance for doctoral degree studies and appointing study advisers and examining boards. The committees meet once a month during the semester. A list of dates can be obtained from the Dean's office.
PhD Board Dr.-Ing.: Head Prof. Dr.-Ing Jörg Roth-Stielow
PhD Board Dr. rer. nat.: Head Prof. Dr. Stefan Funke
PhD Board Dr. phil.: Head Prof. Dr. Jonas Kuhn
The examination board is responsible for changes to exam regulations; it rules on student applications, like applications for late de-registration or credits for academic records and examination results. Contact: The Examining Board for Electrical Engineering and Information Technology can be reached at the Secretary’s Office for the Chair of the Examining Board. Contact the Study-Program Manager for the Examining Boards for Computer Science.
For more information and forms please refer to the relevant study-program web pages.
Contact details of the heads of the board:
- Electrical Engineering and Information Technology (B.Sc. and M.Sc.): Prof. Dr. Bin Yang
- Computer Science (B.Sc. and M.Sc.): Prof. Dr. Ulrich Hertrampf
- Software Engineering (B.Sc. and M.Sc.): Prof. Dr. Andrés Bruhn
- B.Sc. Natural Language Processing and M.Sc. Computational Linguistics: Apl. Prof. Dr. Uwe Reyle
- B.Sc. Media Informatics: Jun.-Prof. Dr. Niels Henze
- B.Sc. Data Science: Jun.-Prof. Dr. Niels Henze
- Teachers Training Computer Science: Prof. Dr. Steffen Becker
- M.Sc. INFOTECH: Prof. Dr. Sven Simon
- M.Sc. Computer Science: Prof. Dr. Melanie Herschel
- M.Sc. Electromobility: Prof. Dr. Nejila Parspour
- M.Sc. Sustainable Electrical Power Supply: Prof. Dr. Stefan Tenbohlen
The state law on universities and colleges states that the study commissions are responsible for the functioning of the study program, for its further development and for its evaluation.
The Deans of Studies are the heads of the commissions:
Dean of Studies Computer Science and Software Engineering: Prof. Dr. Stefan Funke
Dean of Studies Computational Linguistics: Prof. Dr. Sebastian Pado
Dean of Studies Electrical Engineering: Prof. Dr. Bin Yang
Dean of Studies INFOTECH: Prof. Dr. Stephan ten Brink
Dean of Studies Electromobility: Prof. Dr. Nejila Parspour
Dean of Studies Sustainable Electrical Power Supply: Prof. Dr. Stefan Tenbohlen
Dean of Studies Autonomous Systems: Prof. Dr. Michael Weyrich